Guidelines and Safety
The Leader is responsible for the whole group, assisted by the
back-marker. Please help by following these guidelines.
- Everyone joining the group is expected to stay with the group. If you
wish to leave the group for any reason, please speak to the Leader or
- The Leader will decide the pace of the walk. Please do not push on ahead
or try to force the pace of the walk.
- Walkers are expected to complete, within a time acceptable to the
Leader, the grade of the walk they attempt. If unable to do so they may be
limited to easier walks in the future.
- If the group has stopped for any reason please do not start to drift
away. Wait for the Leader's instructions.
- Dog owners who wish to take their dog with them should ask the Leader
beforehand if this is acceptable.
- Please follow the countryside code and take all litter home with you.
- The Leader carries a First Aid kit and certain other safety items.
- The Leader has absolute discretion and may substitute an alternative
route in bad weather.
- On roads or when walking through hay meadows where there is no footpath,
please follow the leader in single file.
- Please ensure that you are suitably attired for the terrain and expected
- The ability of walkers to complete the grade of walk and the suitability
of footwear and attire must be acceptable to the Leader.
- All walkers attend the walks at their own risk.